A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Performance and Maintainance of XP
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

installing updates

Old October 20th 05, 09:23 PM

First recorded activity by PCbanter: Oct 2005
Question installing updates

Can anyone shed any light on why i am unable to install updates from microsft update. I can download and install when i search for the individual update, but when i choose to install the list the site compiles for me it fails giving a message of "Updates were unable to be successfully installed". My XP is a genuine copy pre-loaded on the machine. Any one suffered the same prob??
Ads
Old March 23rd 06, 06:08 PM

First recorded activity by PCbanter: Mar 2006
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsakid
Can anyone shed any light on why i am unable to install updates from microsft update. I can download and install when i search for the individual update, but when i choose to install the list the site compiles for me it fails giving a message of "Updates were unable to be successfully installed". My XP is a genuine copy pre-loaded on the machine. Any one suffered the same prob??
you are missing a script or have a script error... I had this problem last month actually and I was having a hard time getting my Norton updates and windows updates. I called symantec and they told me I had a missing or corrupt file. I want to say it was 1.6 but I'm not sure. I'm sending a link for the scripting guy, ha ha, you could email your question there and I hope this helps you.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr...qanda/all.mspx