A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Windows XP Help and Support
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Moving Yahoo Emails to OE6

Old June 3rd 17, 01:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Newgene McMensa
external usenet poster

Default Moving Yahoo Emails to OE6

Moving Yahoo Emails to OE6

Anyone know a reliable way to do move about a few thousand emails from Yahoo to my desktop? I searched a lot the last few days and these are what I thought were the best so far, but none of the worked.

I am glad to pay up to $25 for a program that does the job. Have not found anything with good reviews that works so far.
===================
** Method #1 (Not working for me. Procedure is evidently missing some info.)

From http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/all.h...rt+yahoo+email

You can access your Yahoo! Mail from another email client or your mobile device using IMAP.
Use these settings when configuring IMAP:

Incoming Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Incoming Port: 993 with SSL
Outgoing Port: 465 with SSL or port 587 with SSL/TLS
-It is necessary to enable SSL or TLS for Outgoing SMTP port.
Username: full email address (for example, )
Password: the password you use to sign in to your Yahoo! Account

Since you cannot export directly from yahoo to providers like gmail you can enter this information into Microsoft Outlook to retrieve your e-mails to avoid agreeing to the new upgrade and still be able to retrieve your mail.

===================
** Method #2 (Didn't work either)

https://www.labnol.org/internet/emai...accounts/8419/

I have many emails with significant documents in my Yahoo account, so I want to export Yahoo Mail to Outlook PST file instantly.

Is there any easy solution? Please help me...

You can do it in the easy way. Configure your yahoo email on Outlook as POP3, after that you can create a PST file and save all the info that your need in the PST created.

thank you everyone for helping me.....

1. Fill Your Account Details:

.. Account type - POP3
.. Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com
.. Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com

On the Advanced tab:

.. Incoming Server POP3: 995
.. Outgoing Server (SMTP): 465

===================
** Method #3 (Installed trial version. To use, it requires user name and password. When downloading, there was no where to enter password. And they did not send any emails with password....)

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140...nal-hard-drive

For large number of Yahoo account emails, you need to create backup using third party software like Yahoo Backup tool which is capable to create backup of Yahoo emails. The backup will be created as an email file like PST, EML, MBOX or MSG which can be opened and accessed just like an Yahoo email using the respective email client. External solution available like these can be really an effective solution to save Yahoo emails to external hard drive.

How To Backup Emails from Yahoo Mail Account to Hard Drive

Step 1. Download, Install & Launch Yahoo Backup software and fill credential of user account.
Step 2. Choose any one e-mail format: EML, PST, MSG or MBOX.
Step 3. Then click on "Browser" button to choose the preferred location where you to save email data & click on "Start" button to initiate the email download process.
Step 4. Once all email data are downloaded in local system, software will show a confirmation message "Download completed successfully". Then Click on "OK" button.

Source: http://www.yahoo.gmailbackup.org/

Old June 6th 17, 01:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Newgene McMensa
external usenet poster

Default Moving Yahoo Emails to OE6

"Newgene McMensa" wrote in message news Moving Yahoo Emails to OE6

Anyone know a reliable way to do move about a few thousand emails from Yahoo to my desktop? I searched a lot the last few days and these are what I thought were the best so far, but none of the worked.

I am glad to pay up to $25 for a program that does the job. Have not found anything with good reviews that works so far.
===================
** Method #1 (Not working for me. Procedure is evidently missing some info.)

From http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/all.h...rt+yahoo+email

You can access your Yahoo! Mail from another email client or your mobile device using IMAP.
Use these settings when configuring IMAP:

Incoming Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Incoming Port: 993 with SSL
Outgoing Port: 465 with SSL or port 587 with SSL/TLS
-It is necessary to enable SSL or TLS for Outgoing SMTP port.
Username: full email address (for example, )
Password: the password you use to sign in to your Yahoo! Account

Since you cannot export directly from yahoo to providers like gmail you can enter this information into Microsoft Outlook to retrieve your e-mails to avoid agreeing to the new upgrade and still be able to retrieve your mail.

===================
** Method #2 (Didn't work either)

https://www.labnol.org/internet/emai...accounts/8419/

I have many emails with significant documents in my Yahoo account, so I want to export Yahoo Mail to Outlook PST file instantly.

Is there any easy solution? Please help me...

You can do it in the easy way. Configure your yahoo email on Outlook as POP3, after that you can create a PST file and save all the info that your need in the PST created.

thank you everyone for helping me.....

1. Fill Your Account Details:

.. Account type - POP3
.. Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com
.. Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com

On the Advanced tab:

.. Incoming Server POP3: 995
.. Outgoing Server (SMTP): 465

===================
** Method #3 (Installed trial version. To use, it requires user name and password. When downloading, there was no where to enter password. And they did not send any emails with password....)

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140...nal-hard-drive

For large number of Yahoo account emails, you need to create backup using third party software like Yahoo Backup tool which is capable to create backup of Yahoo emails. The backup will be created as an email file like PST, EML, MBOX or MSG which can be opened and accessed just like an Yahoo email using the respective email client. External solution available like these can be really an effective solution to save Yahoo emails to external hard drive.

How To Backup Emails from Yahoo Mail Account to Hard Drive

Step 1. Download, Install & Launch Yahoo Backup software and fill credential of user account.
Step 2. Choose any one e-mail format: EML, PST, MSG or MBOX.
Step 3. Then click on "Browser" button to choose the preferred location where you to save email data & click on "Start" button to initiate the email download process.
Step 4. Once all email data are downloaded in local system, software will show a confirmation message "Download completed successfully". Then Click on "OK" button.

Source: http://www.yahoo.gmailbackup.org/

PS -- Trying to make it simpler....

First choice is a software program I can purchase to move all emails from Yahoo inbox to my personal computer in any standard file format that will be accessible by MS Outlook or Outlook Express.

If there is nothing out there to do this, then a distant 2nd choice would CSV.

3rd choice is any format with accessible by any other email program.

Thanks.