A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Windows XP Help and Support
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Search Companion

Old July 19th 04, 04:47 PM
Elari
external usenet poster

Default Search Companion

For some reason, when I bring up my windows search, the little companion's bubble is not big with all of the choices in it anymore and I am not sure what caused this or how to fix it. The bubble is squashed and I can't type anything for a search. Anyone
have any ideas or suggestions?
Ads
Old July 19th 04, 04:53 PM
lvee
external usenet poster

Default Search Companion

If the entire box has shrunk, it just needs to be resized, to do this, open the search companion, hold the mouse pointer to the edge of the box until the pointer turns into a 2 sided arrow, click down on the mouse and hold as you drag the borders out to th
e size you want. Do this to all four sides, one at a time. Then using the red box with the white X, close the window and reopen. That should fix it. Post back with your results.

"Elari" wrote:

For some reason, when I bring up my windows search, the little companion's bubble is not big with all of the choices in it anymore and I am not sure what caused this or how to fix it. The bubble is squashed and I can't type anything for a search. Anyon

e have any ideas or suggestions?
Old July 20th 04, 04:42 PM
Amanda
external usenet poster

Default Search Companion

It is not the window that is shrunk though, it is the little dog's bubble.

"lvee" wrote:

If the entire box has shrunk, it just needs to be resized, to do this, open the search companion, hold the mouse pointer to the edge of the box until the pointer turns into a 2 sided arrow, click down on the mouse and hold as you drag the borders out to

the size you want. Do this to all four sides, one at a time. Then using the red box with the white X, close the window and reopen. That should fix it. Post back with your results.

"Elari" wrote:

For some reason, when I bring up my windows search, the little companion's bubble is not big with all of the choices in it anymore and I am not sure what caused this or how to fix it. The bubble is squashed and I can't type anything for a search. Any

one have any ideas or suggestions?
Old July 21st 04, 02:43 PM
lvee
external usenet poster

Default Search Companion

okay, I thnk I got it. click on the dog.

"Amanda" wrote:

"lvee" wrote:

If the entire box has shrunk, it just needs to be resized, to do this, open the search companion, hold the mouse pointer to the edge of the box until the pointer turns into a 2 sided arrow, click down on the mouse and hold as you drag the borders out t

o the size you want. Do this to all four sides, one at a time. Then using the red box with the white X, close the window and reopen. That should fix it. Post back with your results.

"Elari" wrote:

For some reason, when I bring up my windows search, the little companion's bubble is not big with all of the choices in it anymore and I am not sure what caused this or how to fix it. The bubble is squashed and I can't type anything for a search. A

nyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Old July 22nd 04, 10:52 PM
lvee
external usenet poster

Default Search Companion

If the entire box has shrunk, it just needs to be resized, to do this, open the search companion, hold the mouse pointer to the edge of the box until the pointer turns into a 2 sided arrow, click down on the mouse and hold as you drag the borders out to th
e size you want. Do this to all four sides, one at a time. Then using the red box with the white X, close the window and reopen. That should fix it. Post back with your results.

"Elari" wrote:

For some reason, when I bring up my windows search, the little companion's bubble is not big with all of the choices in it anymore and I am not sure what caused this or how to fix it. The bubble is squashed and I can't type anything for a search. Anyon

Old July 25th 04, 06:44 PM
lvee
external usenet poster

Default Search Companion

"Elari" wrote:

Old July 30th 04, 04:14 AM
Amanda
external usenet poster

Default Search Companion

When I click on the dog, he scratches........I athink I am going to reformat my pc anyway......any other ideas?

"lvee" wrote:

"Amanda" wrote:

"lvee" wrote:

If the entire box has shrunk, it just needs to be resized, to do this, open the search companion, hold the mouse pointer to the edge of the box until the pointer turns into a 2 sided arrow, click down on the mouse and hold as you drag the borders out

to the size you want. Do this to all four sides, one at a time. Then using the red box with the white X, close the window and reopen. That should fix it. Post back with your results.

"Elari" wrote:

For some reason, when I bring up my windows search, the little companion's bubble is not big with all of the choices in it anymore and I am not sure what caused this or how to fix it. The bubble is squashed and I can't type anything for a search.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Old July 30th 04, 04:24 AM
Michael D. Alligood
external usenet poster

Default Search Companion

If you do not want the dog displayed, just select "Change Preferences" and
choose "...without animation." There is no need to reformat your drive,
unless I missed another post...
--
Best of luck!

Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCP, CCNA, A+,
Network+, i-Net+, CIW A, CIW CI

"Amanda" wrote in message
When I click on the dog, he scratches........I athink I am going to

reformat my pc anyway......any other ideas?

"lvee" wrote:

"Amanda" wrote:

It is not the window that is shrunk though, it is the little dog's

bubble.

"lvee" wrote:

If the entire box has shrunk, it just needs to be resized, to do

this, open the search companion, hold the mouse pointer to the edge of the
box until the pointer turns into a 2 sided arrow, click down on the mouse
and hold as you drag the borders out to the size you want. Do this to all
four sides, one at a time. Then using the red box with the white X, close
the window and reopen. That should fix it. Post back with your results.

"Elari" wrote:

For some reason, when I bring up my windows search, the little

companion's bubble is not big with all of the choices in it anymore and I am
not sure what caused this or how to fix it. The bubble is squashed and I
can't type anything for a search. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Old July 30th 04, 08:02 AM
Amanda
external usenet poster

Default Search Companion

When I click on the dog, he scratches........I athink I am going to reformat my pc anyway......any other ideas?

"lvee" wrote:

"Amanda" wrote:

"lvee" wrote:

If the entire box has shrunk, it just needs to be resized, to do this, open the search companion, hold the mouse pointer to the edge of the box until the pointer turns into a 2 sided arrow, click down on the mouse and hold as you drag the borders out

to the size you want. Do this to all four sides, one at a time. Then using the red box with the white X, close the window and reopen. That should fix it. Post back with your results.

"Elari" wrote:

For some reason, when I bring up my windows search, the little companion's bubble is not big with all of the choices in it anymore and I am not sure what caused this or how to fix it. The bubble is squashed and I can't type anything for a search.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Old July 30th 04, 08:06 AM
Michael D. Alligood
external usenet poster

Default Search Companion

If you do not want the dog displayed, just select "Change Preferences" and
choose "...without animation." There is no need to reformat your drive,
unless I missed another post...
--
Best of luck!

Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCP, CCNA, A+,
Network+, i-Net+, CIW A, CIW CI

"Amanda" wrote in message
When I click on the dog, he scratches........I athink I am going to

reformat my pc anyway......any other ideas?

"lvee" wrote:

"Amanda" wrote:

It is not the window that is shrunk though, it is the little dog's

bubble.

"lvee" wrote:

If the entire box has shrunk, it just needs to be resized, to do

this, open the search companion, hold the mouse pointer to the edge of the
box until the pointer turns into a 2 sided arrow, click down on the mouse
and hold as you drag the borders out to the size you want. Do this to all
four sides, one at a time. Then using the red box with the white X, close
the window and reopen. That should fix it. Post back with your results.

"Elari" wrote:

For some reason, when I bring up my windows search, the little

companion's bubble is not big with all of the choices in it anymore and I am
not sure what caused this or how to fix it. The bubble is squashed and I
can't type anything for a search. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?