A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » New Users to Windows XP
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

system restore hang, failed startup, unable to start OS, No signal input

Old November 3rd 10, 12:28 PM

First recorded activity by PCbanter: Nov 2010
Default system restore hang, failed startup, unable to start OS, No signal input

Hi, I am currently having problems with a desktop that's part of a small network. It is running Windows XP Professional SP2. Initially I found it runnig without any Anitivirus protection with the Windows Firwall disabled. I re-enabled the latter, and promtly downloaded malwarebytes, and after a scan in SAFE MODE found and removed 2 viruses.

I then proceeded to download a free antivirus protection and before installing created a restore point. After installation, I attempted an high-prority update to SP3. This hung and so I cancelled following 3 hours. Cancelling the update was not clean since this process itself stalled requiring a forced exit of the process. The system seemed to be fine but was running noticebly slower so I ran a system recover to a restore point created automatically at the beginning of the update to SP3 - the point referred to a check of the system configuration prior to the start of the update.

The restore process started and ended within an hour. Upon automatic restart however the load hangs just after the windows logo appears with the task-loading bar below it. At this point the screen goes black and displays 'no signal input' following which the load process restarts in a continuous loop.

I would be grateful for any suggestions as to what may be happening and how to solve it. As is always the case with these things It is a really high priority to get the desktop up and running again.

Many Thanks.
Ads
Old March 24th 11, 07:15 AM
banned

First recorded activity by PCbanter: Mar 2011

May be its problem in ur creating restore point
thats why it can happen